Birth Oriented Therapy supports women and couples experiencing the following common situations, among others:
Anxiety during pregnancy, or prior to giving birth
Having a difficult birth experience
Wishing to prepare for the upcoming birth, following a previous traumatic birth experience
Fear of medical examinations during pregnancy
- Preparing for birth with Vaginismus/ Vestibulitis
General high levels of Stress- Prenatal and Postnatal
- High risk pregnancy- (Option for long distance sessions)
- Emotional preparation for birth- Identifying resources and developing coping strategies
- Difficulty in making decisions in personal matters relating to Pregnancy, Birth & Breastfeeding
- A history of sexual abuse– Supporting the process of recognizing triggers and developing personal strategies for pregnancy/ birth/ breastfeeding/ motherhood
- Fertility treatments and Fertility related processes
- Recurring miscarriages
- Pregnancy loss. Supporting families that undergo a stillbirth
- following a loss (e.g. of a parent, child)
- Special preparation for birth following a previous stillbirth.
- Unique work with Breech Presentation
- Supporting the initial bonding with the baby, and the process of becoming a mother
- And more..
When Should I start a process?
- You may choose to come for a Birth Oriented Therapy session at any stage you wish.
- It is possible to start a process when you are only just considering whether or not to get pregnant. That is the gate to the field of birth..
- It is also possible to process a traumatic birth experience, even if it took place many years ago.
- A good reason to come for a session is the feeling that something wants your attention, (e.g. any of the issues mentioned in the list above, or other issue related to your experience of pregnancy/ birth/ breastfeeding/ motherhood). It feels like now would be a good time to pause and be with it, and allow it to develop.
- Birth Oriented Therapy directs the information that comes up in a session to support you in your current situation in life. The direction of movement is forward.
How does it work?
- Usually we start with 2-3 sessions. Afterwards you can check If you need to continue.
- Sessions are available in the Clinic in Toronto, and in several locations in Israel.
- There is an option for Long distance Sessions from anywhere in the world, using Skype/ Google talk.
- Sessions are $60 and last 75 min.
- Payment methods accepted- Cash, Cheque, Paypal
- To book a session- press here